Welcome to The History of Humanity!
I am currently in my fourth year as a secondary education teacher at Desert Christian Schools in Tucson, AZ. Classes taught include: US History, American Government, Mock Trial, Psychology, and Photography. My mission statement is simple: prepare the stewards of the future to be global citizens by teaching them the events of the past.
I have a passion for history, I delight in the energy and creativity of high school students, and I cherish personality and cultural differences in my classroom. If we hope to educate our youth, we must ignite a desire to learn within them!
- M.A in History and Education
- B.S. in Secondary Education and Social Studies
- ACSI Standard Certificate
- Georgia Induction Certificate
- 2018/19 Teacher of the Year
Other Current Involvement:
- Panel Member for 2019 School Accreditation Process (Standard 5: Academics)
- Standard Leadership Team Member for 2019/20 School-Wide Reevaluation of Standards